Monday, January 17, 2011

Russian Railroads


     Well, onto the summer RR  templates we march. Those dirty brick textures are so welcome here, even the "dust" spots are rarely needed.



     Yes, I am a sucker for punishment. This RR#2 was one of my masochistic attempts at bending height map element of the editor to my indomitable will. It is amazing what one can do if they set their mind to it. The bridge is actually underground - just brought up by DeltaZ manipulations of its template (clever, aren't I?).




     Sometimes it is really hard to understand why the AI is puzzled. Scripting problems, inadequate PC, etc. But in this case, after examining that sign that the trio of my favorite testers are staring at I realized that Rocco's Papa and Mama would both be proud of him if instead of "4-N-spider-N" he would read that Russian sign as it should be read - "Chizhi".
     Oh, and no gossipping is allowed at that station - "Shhhh"


     The emptiness of this template is menacing. Do you have the same feeling of unease? Something's going to happen there. But what?




     I was making this template when the idea of adding headlights to GAZ-AA trucks came to me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at blunterii.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from your blog post above if I provide a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Daniel

BlunterII said...

Blunter here.
Yes, you may, Daniel...

Is your site Silent Storm related, by any chance?

Fidel said...

hey how is the mo going?? . . do you really know of any other sentinels mod out there????
i cant seem to find any except minor one's
-Thanks
-Fidel S.

Anonymous said...

Hi:) Are you still working on that mod ?

kirill436 said...

Awesome! Keep workin!!

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for producer or smt like?

Anonymous said...

Greets from Russia!
Totally amazing work. I will waiting for release. I hope it will be done.
Good luck and have a much time!

BlunterII said...

4/28/12

Hi, folks, Blunter here. Thank you for your interest in the project. I haven't worked on the mod for about 6 months ever since I migrated to Win 7. If anyone has any idea how to get the editor to work in Win 7 environment I will certainly try it.
Unfortunately I've been unsuccessful in setting up SQL server so far.
Microsoft site states MSDE is incompatible with Win 7.

I'd love to finish it as I've put hundereds of hours in this "baby" of mine (not to mention how much fun it is to create overall).

BlunterII said...

All right, I am back in business. Finally figured out how to run the game (actually S^3 and H&S) and the editor in Winows 7.
I'll post more when I have something new to show. :)