Monday, January 17, 2011

Russia: Checkpoint


      It all started with me stumbling upon one of the original England random encounter templates called Road/ Roadblock. I looked at it, that template was 32x48, flat, with a road, and a fence, and a machine gun nest and some other minor variations.
     Basically - a little uninspiring. But it gave me an idea to create a larger  template for my Russian summer randoms. The one above is one of the variants of that encounter.


     Then the other variant was produced. Here I tried to experiment with watchtowers staying full height when being on the ground floor level. Ended up placing the whole tower template on -2,-1 and 0 floors. It wasn't the best of decisions but it does the job.



     And yet another variant of that encounter. At that time I created extra pine and birch log textures, the chest with the Red Star instead of the American version and some seamless wooden wall textures using RoboBox as the initial source.

No comments: